Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Broccoli and Blankies

Sheba loves her veggies, particularly broccoli. When I finished giving her all the broccoli tops I was left with this big, thick stalk and it seemed like such a waste to toss it out. 
After some champion google searching, I found that the stalk has just as many vitamins and minerals as the tops and has tons of fiber. Yay! As a special treat I've started giving Sheba the stalk to chew on like a bone and she loves it. All the fiber also helps to clean her teeth. 


This past weekend I went to my mom's to house-sit. When I got there she had the sweetest little surprise for me. She's a talented quilter and whipped up a little Sheba blanket! Sheba and I did a photoshoot this morning.


So cute!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I am glad she likes it!! Hope it will keep her comfy as she continues to get healthy!! <3
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete